Re: cdrecord

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:37:21 PDT, jjheuring writes:
>Linux 2.2.19pre17-compact #1 Mon Apr 2 01:35:19 PDT 2001 i686 unknown
>ide BTC cdrw
>
>just did an 'apt-get install cdrecord'
>
>as I understand I should not have to recompile my kernel or edit
>lilo.conf

For IDE-writers you have to have IDE-SCSI-support in your kernel, so
 you´ll quite probably will have to roll your own. See the cdrecord-docs
 for the IDE-SCSI-bit and search the mailinglist-archives for the
 Debian-way of compiling and installing custom kernels (there´s
 documentation in /usr/doc/.. somewhere, but that´s at a level of
 complexitivity as to be somewhat useless </rant>).

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Nicht alles was Software auf Hardware installiert ist ein Admin.
-- David Schmitt, aum