Re: netscape dictionary on vfat partition

> I wanted to use the same netscape dictionary on my dual-boot machine. I
> have to use W95 daily. In the fstab I put in the following options for
> the vfat partition:
>
>         rw,auto,noexec,user,uid=1000,gid=1000
>
> (1000 is my uid and gid). Then I have made a '.netscape' link in my home
> directory to the windows directory '/C/Program
> Files/Netscape/Users/Default'. However, when I start netscape under
> Linux I get the warning about there is a /home/myuser/.netscape/lock,
> and it does not find my preferences, bookmarks etc.

With the kindly support of the list I managed to have a solution as
follows:

bs@debbie:~$ mkdir .netscape
bs@debbie:~$ ln -s /C/Program\ Files/Netscape/Users/Default/* .netscape/
bs@debbie:~$ cd .netscape/
bs@debbie:~$ # rename some files (different names under W and Linux)
bs@debbie:~/.netscape$ mv prefs.js preferences.js
bs@debbie:~/.netscape$ mv bookmark.htm bookmarks.html
bs@debbie:~/.netscape$ mv secmod.db secmodule.db
bs@debbie:~/.netscape$ mv history.list history.dat
bs@debbie:~/.netscape$ mv Cache cache

Some files will be (re)created by Netscape in the Linux directory (eg.
plugin-list), so they will be duplicates.

No other problems till now.