Anyone played with Festival?

Hi,

I had a bit of a play with Festival on my laptop today. I've got it
working (or talking as the case may be) but I wanted to try and get the
client/server mode part of it working, as the delay in initializing was
annoying me.

The server starts fine, but whenever I try to connect to port 1314, it
closes the connection immediately. I did an strace on the server process,
and the two lines that looked interesting where:

shmat(8, 0x1, 0x1ptrace: umoven: Input/output error )  = ?
shmat(8, 0x1, 0x2ptrace: umoven: Input/output error )  = ?

Does this imply a shared memory problem? I scoured the documentation for
any reference of shared memory and couldn't find anything.

I also can't figure out how to turn on any logging, which is making
troubleshooting difficult. I'm suffering from Scheme/LISP culture shock
:-)

Andrew