Joystick on pci sound cards ...

I've tried getting the joystick port on both a hoontech yamaha
compatible card and now a hercules cs46xx card which is supposedly
supported by the cs461x joystick port module.

I can never get it to work.  Anyone have any pointers?

I've checked the kernel docs and google for anything of relevance and I
can't tell what I need to do to get the modules loaded.  They always say
the resource is busy or I've got the wrong port?  Can I specify the
ports or something?  I've even checked the kernel source briefly and
found nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that I load the sound modules first ..
but I don't think thats the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

--mike