Re: xfree86

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 04:35:50PM -0400, timo@bolverk.net wrote:
> nv.c:50: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [nv.o] Error 1
> loki:~/src/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1251#
>
> Any ideas?

Have you compiled in your own kernel yet? If not I would recommend that you
do... If you need this up and running immediatly, make sure you have the
appropriate kernel-headers-xxxx debian package installed and running.
xxxx being your current kernel version (not the 'debian' version... I beleive
for a standard install of woody its 2.2.17.)

Finally...check under /usr/src, There should be either a directory named linux
with the headers/source installed, or it should be a symbolic link to the
proper location. If that's missing,.. Make a link to the source dir.

ie, if you have the kernel downloaded into /usr/src/linux-2.4.9 run the cmd:

# cd /usr/src
# ln -s linux-2.4.9 linux

and try building nvidia again.

--