Re: APCUPSD doesn't shutdown machine

On Fri, 2001-09-14 at 02:34, Dean A. Roman wrote:
> Lindsay Allen wrote:

> I'm having problems with nut right now.  The command "upsc" which I guess is
> supposed to give you some command line monitoring functionality isn't working.
> In addition, I can't find anything describing this command.  There is no man
> page for it, and upsc doesn't have any help or usage functions with in it that I
> can gleam info. from either.
>
> Maybe somebody can send there working config files so that I can try them.  I'm
> running an APC Smart-UPS 700.

I'm running nut and a nut monitor over the network with no problems
getting information out of the ups and across the network.  upsc should
be run with the hostname you want to monitor the ups on (even if it's
the localhost).  I found all the documentation not as man pages but in
the /usr/share/doc/nut and /usr/share/doc/nut-doc directories.  To get
the nut-doc you have to install the nut-doc package which helped me get
it going.  I can send a sterilized(sans passwords) config file if you
still can't find what you need in the docs.

--mike