Re: Debian inside VM can't find NIC

Rupert Heesom wrote:
I've installed Debian within a VMware VM with host-only networking.

However I didn't pick any NIC adapter software modules when I chose the
hardware to support, and now need to know how to get Debian to see the
NIC that VMware should be showing it.

I've found the ne2k-pci.o module in /lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/net
directory and tried to load it using "modprobe ne2k-pci".  Modprobe
couldn't load it "No usable cards found, driver NOT installed".

Inside my NT VM I can see VMware's "AMD PCNET PCI" NIC.

What should I do to get Debian to see it's NIC?

modprobe pcnet32