Re: Gnus with slrnpull?

Joachim Trinkwitz <jtr@uni-bonn.de> writes:
JT> is it possible to fetch news with slrnpull and read it with
JT> Gnus/XEmacs?
JT>
JT> I have the following in my .xemacs/init.el:
JT>
JT>     (setq gnus-select-method '(nnspool "/var/spool/slrnpull/"))
JT>
JT> but when starting Gnus, it complains about:
JT>
JT>     The active file doesn't exist: /usr/lib/news/active
JT>
JT> which of course doesn't exists, being not part of slrnpull.

Looking at the Gnus Info file, nnspool ignores the server name in
gnus-select-method; you need to set the directory in the
nnspool-spool-directory variable.  So

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnspool "")
      nnspool-spool-directory "/var/spool/slrnpull/")

should work.  You also might need to set nnspool-nov-directory and
nnspool-lib-dir, among other things.  See (gnus)News Spool for details.

	-- Abra Mitchell