pcl-cvs, remote repository and authorization/authentication

Dear Debs,

I've got a repository on a remote machine accessible via :ext: with
ssh (using a RSA pass-phrase).  Using a checked out copy from the
command line works fine.  It'd be nice though if I could tell cvs to
provide my pass-phrase automagically ...

What I really would like to be able to do is use pcl-cvs in emacs to
synchronize my checked out copy with the repository.  Right now, when
I try to cvs-update it barfs:

  Message:
   Parser Error: 'You have no controlling tty.  Cannot read passphrase.'

Is there any hope of getting this to work?

Please CC as I'm not subscribed to debian-user (too much traffic ;-)
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development