lilo.conf

Hello:

A while ago, I had a duel-booting system working (i.e. using lilo I could
boot either red-hat, or Windows 98).  I've updated my Red-Hat 6.0 to the
latest Debian Linux, and I'm pleased with Debian, we use Debian at 3Com :)

--> Windows 98 is install on my 4Gig SCSI disk (scsi id 1)
--> Red-Hat was installed on my 2Gig SCSI disk (scsi id 0).  This is now a
Debian Linux disk :)
--> My scsi controller is an Adaptec 2940UW.

My problem is this....
I can't use lilo to boot windows 98, if I boot from SCSI ID 0 from my scsi
controller, which is my Linux disk.  This used to work.  I can still get
access to Windows 98, (i.e. If I change my scsi controller boot id from 0 to
1, I can get Windows 98 to boot)

Notes:  If my scsi controller is set to boot from scsi id 0, and try to boot
windows, I get the following lilo prompt:   LILO, and I see the windows
label (i.e. windows_98), and that's it.  Windows will not boot, but Debian
boots up and runs fine.

P.S.  If possible I would like to use lilo, and not grub.  I wish I made a
backup of my lilo.conf.

Thanks, Jim

prejsnar@mediaone.net
James_Prejsnar@3com.com