PPC Problems

I have a question regarding the installation of Linux on an Apple PowerBook running a G3.

I read through the "Installing on a PowerPC" but did not find any information on how to make Linux the ONLY OS on the computer.  I do not want OS9.x on it, I need Linux.  I have had many problems with booting to a different OS.  Once the boot disk is gone there is no way to get it back.

I guess my question would be "How do I install Linux on a PowerBook G3 without having to dual boot?"

I hope there is some good news for this.

jml* ~(:up)

Jamie's Refuge