Re: Trying to use lvm

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 11:36:57PM -0400, tim wrote:
> I have patched and compliled 2.4.9.
patched with what?, Im running lvm with 2.4.9 and i never had to patch
it to get it to work.

> I am getting the following error at reboot
> lvm -- lvm_chr_ioctl: unknown command 4004fe0a
> lvm -- lvm_chr_ioctl: unknown command 4004fe0a
actually, I get the exact same error message whenever I boot up, it would
seem as though you can safely ignore it... (dont quote me on that :)

> As a result I can not create a volume group
> vgcreate -- ERROR "vg_create_remove(): open" creating VGDA for volume group "vg" in kernel
> vgcreate -- LVM not in kernel?
I would stay start off with a fresh kernel source, and compile in LVM
support directly (not as a module)

Has this ever worked with a previous kernel version? or are you
starting to use LVM from scratch?

Finally, what exactly are you typing into the console to setup the
lvm volume?

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant