Cannon BJC-210SP: The Install Printer Saga

Hello:

This is just a brief report on what I did to make my
beloved 'ole Canon BJC-210SP work (or almost work :-).

I spent a couple of hours to browse the net for finding
clues on how to set up it. This includes tracing:
            http://www.cups.org/faq.html
            http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/
et.al.

Finally (after install and remove; try and error),
I install these following packages and its dependencies:
             lprng
             magicfilter
Than, I renamed my /etc/printcap file and ran
             /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig
I name the printer Canon BJC-210SP (bjc-210sp) at /dev/lp0
Then I chose the "bj200" filter.

I test it with:
1. lp /etc/passwd
2. print from netscape

So far, so good. Next report (not yet):
               How to turn on my soundcard.

Thanks to everyone at debian-user, especially
Sebastiaan Breedveld, Dman Dsh8290, and David Nusinow.

regards,

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
===========> .signature at http://rms46.vlsm.org/1/36.html