libterm-stool-perl ????

OK... I'm running a new Woody machine, and someone, somewhere along the
line told me to use Slang for the default configuration interface.

Unfortunately, this is not working. Everything that wants to use slang
gives me errors about not having stool-perl installed.

libterm-stool-perl is listed on the web site as a suggested option when
installing libterm-slang-perl, but is also listed as "NOT AVAILABLE, and
has no page of its own. What the hell am I supposed to do?

I'd like to configure debconf to use Dialog instead of Slang to get out
of this mess, but don't know how... can someone please help me?

--Aarn