Re: Newbie : Modem question

on Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 06:43:19PM -0400, Narasimhamurthy Giridhar (giridhar@cs.clemson.edu) wrote:
> hi
> I have a ITU V.90 56K modem. I dont know the manf. Is there a driver for
> this in Debian ??

You'll have to research this yourself.

If you can work out the manufacturer, that's going to help you a lot.

Take a look at the major chips on the modem and run the numbers printed
across them through Google.  This should narrow down your prospects.

In general, if the modem has jumpers on it, you should be in luck,
though cheap modems can still be hell to deal with.

There's nothing in the data you've provided that's particularly helpful
in this regard.  ITU V.90 simply specifies a data modulation protocol.

Cheers.