Re: ZIP driver problems with 2.4.9

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 11:03:40AM +0100 or thereabouts, F Zimmermann wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, it was written:
>
> > with debian 2.2r0 and kernel 2.2.17 i'm able to mount and use my internal ide
> > zip driver without any problems.  when i installed 2.4.9 i got some errors.
> >
> > i've attached my dmesg, .config file, and error message.  is there a known
> > issue with the 2.4.9 kernel and ide?
> >

> Please NO attachments to the list. This has blown up your posting to 26 k.
>
> How did you install your new kernel? Did you use Bunk's packages? I am
> asking because you'll need quite a lot of packages updated to run kernel
> 2.4

bunk's packages?? i used this following packages to update some parts of my
potato box:

bsdutils_2.10s-1_i386.deb
e2fsprogs_1.19-3_i386.deb
iptables_1.2-2_i386.deb
modutils_2.4.2-1_i386.deb
mount_2.10s-1_i386.deb
ppp_2.4.0f-1_i386.deb
util-linux_2.10s-1_i386.deb

i have done this before all the way to 2.4.7 and using the same updated
packages and only recently i got time to get the latest kernel patch.

as of today, i installed the stock mount package from CD and i still get the
same error.  i can mount my bloze partition except the zip drive.