Re: NIC

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 01:05:30PM -0700, Kevin Lee wrote:
> Does anyone know if SmartLink 10/100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (I think it's also Realtek RTL8139) is supported by Linux?  If so, the name of the driver please.

there actually is a driver literally called RTL8139 which might work.

a word of caution, in every smartlink card i've come across, i have always had
difficutly installing the drivers for it, both under linux and under windows.

I dont think they're a true 'rtl8139', if i were you i'd save myself the
trouble and return it :) ... SmartLink's are very cheap cards, you'll save
yourself alot of frustration to spend an extra $10 on a D-Link or equivilant :)

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant