Re: Burning .raw

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:23:57PM +0200, Helgi Örn wrote:
> On Friday 07 September 2001 14:26, ktb wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 01:58:50PM +0200, Helgi Örn wrote:
> > > Hello all!
> > > I just domnloaded the DEMUDI image to give it a try end the file happens
> > > to be in a .raw format which I don't know anything about. How do I do to
> > > successfully burn it in XCDroast?
> >
> > You should be able to burn it as .raw under linux.  Just treat it as you
> > would any .iso.
> > hth,
> > kent
> Thank's for your reply Kent!
> I'm afraid that doesn't work, or I might have done something wrong. I had the
> same problems trying to burn some Solaris 8 images a while ago. Alexis Rodas
> advice in another mail, using cdrecord, works wonderfully.

Ya, I've always used cdrecord myself but thought XCDroast was just a
gooy front end for cdrecord.  Took a look and see it is a front end for
cdwrite and mkisofs.  cdrecord works great, does just what you tell it
to:)
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."