Re: How to handle "unofficial package" upgrade

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Greg Wiley wrote:

> Good day all-
>
> On a Debian Potato, I am using KDE 2.1 packages that
> are, obviously, not part of Potato but are from a fairly
> common source.

If you are using stuff Ivan Moore has done...

> Since KDE 2.2 is slated for inclusion in the upcoming
> Debian release, what is the best way to prepare for the
> upgrade?  I cannot assume that the new packages will
> be aware of the old and will upgrade them automatically
> ( will they?).

Sure you can.

> So, am I best off finding every trace of
> the non-Debian KDE and eradicating or will things just
> sort of work out if I leave it all alone?  Any suggestions?

If things don't `just work' Ivan will be getting some bug reports.

If you are running a KDE not built by Ivan, best be safe than sorry
and go do a search and destroy on KDE before upgrading.

- Bruce