RE: Help installing Debian 2.2r3 (formerly 2.2r17 - brain misfire )

Title: RE: Help installing Debian 2.2r3 (formerly 2.2r17 - brain misfire )

I would do that, but there is one main problem that i can't remember if i mentioned way back in the beginning...I have my three hard drives on a Promise UDMA66 card...and my DVD and CD burner are on the motherboard.  So...maybe that's the problem my BIOS is having.  It could be conflicting with my Promise card's BIOS and not knowing which drive to boot up, so the BIOS overrides anything else.  I might be stuck with trying GRUB...but not much is going on there either...I made a GRUB boot disk...and when it boots, it doesn't give me a menu or anything...just says "GRUB >".  I'll get Linux on this machine one way or another.  Just don't know the best way to go about doing it.  I have a backup of Win2000, and the rest of the drive, so that isn't a problem(not that I know of).  Anyone out there have a Promise card, and had Windows2000 installed first, then tried to install Debian?  If you did, please let me know how the heck you got it installed.  The help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! :))  I'm not giving up...