Re: is exim the cause for this?

On 2001.09.05 22:55 J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:

> Yes. The mail transfer agent used to deliver mail to one of the subscribers
> of debian-user is buggy; it is sending error messages to people who send
> mail to debian-user rather than to the adres specified by Debian's mailing
> list software for such messages.

How can this be possible?

Hmmmm... Sometimes i have no time for the debian user list for two or three
weeks. Two times it happens that my mailbox also was full. In this case will
then happen the same?

If yes the MTA of debian user list should be make possible to send those error
messages not to all subscribers. A mailbox can be very fast full by getting
100 till 200 mails a day. Does the listmaster know this problem? On his place
i would see to tell the MTA to ignore those "mailbox full" messages and send
them to /dev/null. Or to a place only for listmaster, so he can delete those
subscribers if their mailboxes are full for a very long time.

Timo