Re: Probleme mit Sendmail

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> How do I tell?  I have enabled NFS client support in the kernel and I
> mount the exports via fstab.  I use NFSv3 (enabled in the kernel and
> checked with a packet sniffer).  Also, I don't know if that's related:
> When booting the client, I get a screenful of messages a la "lockd:
> cannot lock 192.168.0.1" or something similar.  192.168.0.1 is the NFS
> server.
>
> Maybe it's enough to pass an option to mount?

I see two *BIG* problems with your setup that you'll need to rectify
before we can do much about your sendmail errors:

	1) Exporting /var
		Have you considered the ramifications of this ? What happens
		when a client boots up and tries to clean /var/run ? or when
		a daemon starts on one machine, then tries on the other ?

		I can see exporting /var/mail/ (or /var/spool/mail), but
		am not sure what rational advise I can offer in this regards.

	2) Unable to lock
		If locking isn't working, you're going to soon be hosed -
		any attempts to simultaneously access a file may leave it
		in a inconsistant state.

		You might check debian{-devel} or the lkml to see whats up
		with the locking... I make only minimal use of NFS, and haven't
		run across this issue.
--
Rick Nelson
It's not?  Are you saying that you SHOULD allow people (other than William