Re: woody

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 05:13:20PM +0000, gerard robin wrote:

> hello,
> I am connected to internet with a modem and to download
> a distribution potato or woody spents 130 hours !
> In France potato exists on CD but woody not.

This looks like you are downloading the whole distribution.  If you have
potato already on your machine you could simply move to woody with
apt-get.  Unless you have an existing large installation the time
involved should be a good deal less than 130 hours and it may end up a
cheaper method than buying CD's.

> Does woody exist on CD in a european country ?
> If yes, can someone give me the link.

Try Steve McIntyre in the UK.  Follow the `Debian on CD' link on your
usual Debian site.

Brian.