Re: shell script for bash [timeboy@Calculusterix]

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 06:09:05PM +0200, Timeboy wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I like to write a litte shell script that first makes a connection to my ISP
> and then runs fetchmail. This is no problem for me. But cause it takes some
> seconds till the connection to ISP is done, the script needs to wait for 5 or
> 10 seconds bevore it runs fetchmail. How can i do this waiting with a bash
> kommand?

 "sleep" is what your looking for. "sleep 10s" to wait 10 seconds.

Take a look at the fetchmail man page.  Fetchmail has several exit codes so
you can write your script to say, 'wait 15m when your isp doesn't respond
before trying again' and other fun stuff.
hth,
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."