Re: gcc

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 11:59:26PM +0200, Peter Ross wrote:
| On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 05:00:03PM -0500, xucaen@yahoo.com wrote:
| > xucaen@whitestar:~/projects/test$ gcc myapp.cpp test1.o
|
| In fact I tried it out and using g++ works perfectly and using gcc gives
| you those error messages.

Actually, if you add "-lstdc++" to the gcc option list then gcc will
work fine.  I did some playing with gcc/g++/gcj once and figured out
what the g++ and gcj frontends do to make C++ of Java stuff work.  For
C++ all you need to to link against the C++ library.  For Java you
need to generate a main() function (there is a script/program that
does this) and link against some additional libraries.

HTH,
-D