Re: Error upgrading to woody: mv: cannot create file `/etc/exim/exim.conf'

--- "der.hans" <deb-user@LuftHans.com> wrote:
> That does fix it. Ran into it somewhere the other day.
>
> Yes, this is a bug.

Thanks for the confirmation.  I have just done that fix, and
I think (after having several more errors, but just redoing
"apt-get dist-upgrade" several times), I may have succeeded in
getting upgraded to woody.  (At least my final a-g d-u did nothing
but return me to a prompt, so I guess it thinks there is nothing left
to do.  --  I hope that's a positive result. :~? )

> Look at at reportbug for how to submit them.
>
> Look at http://bugs.debian.org/<packagename> for info on bugs for a
> particular package.
>
> At http://bugs.debian.org/exim you'll find bug #108237 under "Important bugs
> - resolved" which is a report for the bug you found. You'll also that bug
> #109948 under "Minor bugs - resolved" is actually for the same prob.
>
> I think most people will agree the most important thing is to report the bug
> and make sure the subject is descriptive so that others running into the bug
> see that it's already been reported.
>
> BTW, it's great that you researched the prob and found the solution on your
> own.

Thanks for the info about how to submit the bugs.

But, the point I was trying to make with my prior message is that
I don't currently have the time to do the learning involved to determine
if the fact I'm getting this error is indeed a bug, given that a previious poster
said this should have been resolved by now.

So, I'm hoping that someone who is responsible for this kind of error
will see this and be able to use my info to determine if indeed a bug still exists
currently.

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks! :)