Re: Security from others when server running

hi ya

extremely hard to protect a server if people have physical access
to it...
	- they can just pull thepower cord...
	- they can hit ctrl-alt-delete
	( remove that option from /etc/inittab if you dont like anyone
	rebooting it )

	- they can pull nic wires ... nothing you can do..

	- you can xlock your console ( they'd need passwd to get in )
	- they can pop up other virtual consoles...
		- dont leave any virtual consoles open

- if you are worried about dataloss...
	- prevent physical access to unauthorized users

	- if not possible..move the server and/or programs and apps
	to a server that is locked up and they'd need a regular door
	key to get to it

c ya
alvin