apt-get install stopped working

apt-get install on my woody system has stopped working.

I can reinstall already installed packages but can not install
any new packages. Whenever I run "apt-get install" I get a response
like the following:

 apt-get install saytime
 Reading Package Lists... Done
 Building Dependency Tree... Done
 Package saytime has no available version, but exists in the database.
 This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
 never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
 of sources.list
 E: Package saytime has no installation candidate

I've tried "apt-get clean" and "apt-get update". I've scrutinized the lines
in sources.list and even tried alternate sites. Downloading the packages from
the sites in sources.list and installing them with dpkg works fine.

Does any one recognize this?

op

--
oivvio polite

cell +46 (0)709 30 40 30 / phone +46 (0)8 669 64 18 / fax +46 (0)8 84 00 18
varvsgatan 10A / s-117 29 stockholm / sweden