Re: Strange kernel start problem after compileing

Raffaele Sandrini(rasa@gmx.ch) is reported to have said:
> Hi,
>
> I built a 2.4.9 kernel. When i start it i get that message right after the
> kernel is loaded:
>
> failed to exec: modprobe -s -k binfmt-464c, errno=8
>
> And the system hangs.
>
> If i start it with my old kernel it works perfect!
> Nerver saw something like that - what does it mean?

I think I had a sinular error when I conpiled my first 2.4.x kernel.
Try this:
in # General setup  enable the following
CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y

Hope that helps
--
Real software engineers work from 9 to 5, because that is the way the
job is described in the formal spec.  Working late would feel like