Re: Offline APT

Ross Burton saw fit to inform me that:
>Hi,
>
>At home I run Debian Sid, but only have a dial-up connection (56k).  At
>work, however, I run RedHat 6.2 but have a leased line.  I followed the
>instructions in the offline document (/usr/share/doc/apt/offline.html)
>to get a package list from apt which can be retrieved via wget.
>
>So now I have a directory with 140 meg of .deb files in.  The document
>says that:
>
>  $ apt-get -o Dir::Cache::archives=/mnt/debian/unstable update
>
>Should update my system using the packages I downloaded.  However, apt
>ignores that directory and starts downloading the files from the ftp
>servers again.
>
>Help!  Why is apt doing this!  Any suggestions?

Ross. I also wanted to do similar thing and succeeded. I have written a
small documentation of that on my web site.

http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/

Do have a look at it and follow the steps.

HTH

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                       hsejar@gmx.co.uk
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 R-3
				    Kernel 2.4.9(ext3), Mutt 1.3.20i, IceWM
Truth is the most valuable thing we have -- so let us economize it.
		-- Mark Twain