Offline APT

Hi,

At home I run Debian Sid, but only have a dial-up connection (56k).  At
work, however, I run RedHat 6.2 but have a leased line.  I followed the
instructions in the offline document (/usr/share/doc/apt/offline.html)
to get a package list from apt which can be retrieved via wget.

So now I have a directory with 140 meg of .deb files in.  The document
says that:

  $ apt-get -o Dir::Cache::archives=/mnt/debian/unstable update

Should update my system using the packages I downloaded.  However, apt
ignores that directory and starts downloading the files from the ftp
servers again.

Help!  Why is apt doing this!  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Ross Burton