Re: Route Discovering tools (rdisc) ?

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 03:42:30PM +0200, christophe barbé wrote:
> I'm playing with rdisc a tool included in the redhat iputils rpm.
> This tool allows automatic root discovery, I mean you do not need to add
> manually static routes to reach a network behind a gateway running rdisc.

There are rdisc sources in the iputils-* packages.  I (the iputils-*
maintainer) don't build a .deb from them for whatever reason.

Run 'apt-get source iputils-ping'.  Within that source tree you'll find
sources for rdisc.  You should be able to build it manually.

Please file a wishlist bug against iputils.  I will get around to having
iputils build an rdisc binary package at some point.

noah