Re: unknown process

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 07:40:51AM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     This morning, I found my harddrive swapping like crazy on this find
> command.
>
> find / /boot /tmp -xdev ( -type f -perm +06000 -o -type b -o -type c ) -printf
> %8i %5m %3n %-10u %-10g %9s %t %h/%f?n
>
>     My root cronjobs are scheduled almost an hour earlier, so I don't see how
> it could be them. Any idea what what process would invoke this?

Do you have suidmanager or anything similar installed?  With that
'-perm +06000', I'd say it's trying to build a list of files that are
suid or sgid.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox