Re: Debian and Kylix open edition

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 06:42:21PM -0700, Dmitriy wrote:
> Anyone else has any advice? (I use sid)
>
> I installed it w/o any problems (as user).
> When I ran it, it complained about LC_ALL being set to C (is it some
> sort of unnaceptable practice that I don't know about?).
>
> I set LC_ALL to russian, and it said "Generating font matrix"
> It takes about 60% of my CPU time, and I am still waiting.
>
> Anyone willing to share their expiriences?

I did much the same, except that when the popup
"Generating font matrix" appeared, I did something
(closed the box ??), I just don't remember exactly
what, and then kylix came up fine. Whatever I did
was suggested in a previous post that I found on
google. Anyway, it has run fine since that
initial problem.

--
Gary Dolan
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2, kernel 2.4.9