Re: Sound not working

Hi Eric,
	My guess is that your soundcard isn't configured as a module, but is instead
compiled right in to the kernel, hence the lack of anything with lsmod.
	I don't know exactly why your sound will play when you cat it, but not in
gnome, but the most common cause of audio problems is that you're not part of
the "audio" group. If you never added yourself to that group, go ahead and do
it, then logout and log back in as that user and see if your apps can play
sounds.

- David Nusinow
  krmt1984@ucla.edu