Re: Frage zu Linux

On Wednesday 29 August 2001 12:55, Sven Hoexter pronounced:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 10:16:00AM +0200, Cliff Sarginson wrote:

> > > Das ist eine englische Mailing-liste. Wenn du kein Englisch verstehst,
bitte
> > > versuchs bei der debian-user-de mailing list.
> > >
> > > Here's his question in English:
> > >
> > > `Is there an equivalent to an Echange-Server for Linux? If yes, where?'
> > >
> > > - -M
> > Lol..a masochist in our midst.
> hehe, there is a $$$ product avaible from HP. It's called HP Openmail
> (www.openmail.com) and its NOT OPEN its simply closed source soft but it
> should act like an M$ Exchange Server.
> Second matter is that it's only avaible for RH (I tried an installation on
> a SuSE 7.1 and Progeny 1.0 system and both failed).
> After that I kicked the rpms for another week in a corner of my hd and than
> gave the test version another try on a fresh RH 7.x system and uh it startet
> up. Then I searched for a little bit more documentation and couldn't find I
> thing.
>
> My opinion: Test the trash and then use simple IMAP/POP/SMTP solutions!
>
> my 2 cent
>
> Sven
>
> --
> Sven Hoexter Earth - Germany - Leverkusen -=|=-  e-mail: sven@telelev.net
> http://polarbear.telelev.net/cgi-bin/codered.cgi
> One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them,
> One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them

you want to know something funny about hp openmail? it has been dumped
internally (to hp) in favor of the mega$#!+ product (internal rumor has it
that the change came from the highest authority, i don't know if that means
carly or billy?). you can only begain to guess at the problems our mail
system now suffers............ (oh, yes, there are quiet "football" pools as
to when management will suddenly change!)

--
regards,
allen