Re: ipchains & home user

The minimum is none. :)
I don't know if you really need firewalling...do you have a network on the
other side of that machine?
What you probably want is just to close down ports you don't use.
Use nmap to see what ports are active and close those you don't want or need.
That should give you pretty good security, which I'm guessing is your goal.