Re: managing /etc/rc?.d

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:28:41AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 07:26:57AM -0500, ktb wrote:
> > >
> > > Er! Surely that's just a clone of update-rc.d?
> >
> > Your making a joke right?  I've never looked at the source for
> > update-rc.d.  Have no idea what it is written in.  Hmmm, just looked and
> > it's written in Perl.  I created it to manage an LFS system.  Even if
> > it was a "clone" as you say, what difference would it make?  It's what I
> > use to manage my links to /etc/init.d, which was what the original
> > poster requested.
>
> I wasn't accusing you of copying it; I was wondering why you didn't just
> use update-rc.d instead, since it seems to do everything you need and
> comes with Debian ...

That's a relief:)  Actually I created it to use on a non-debian system.
After having looked and realized that update-rc.d is a Perl script, I
could have copied it over to my other system but I didn't know that at
the time.  The original poster wasn't satisfied with update-rc.d so I
just posted what I used as requested, in the hopes it would help out.
kent