Re: upgrading from debian 2.0 to debian 2.2

High,

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Bostjan Muller wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed base system for debian 2.0 on an old i486 machine with only
> 4mb of ram.. I'd like to upgrade it to debian 2.2 over the net now. I was told
> to get apt-hamm, but that was not available on the net anymore, could someone
> please tell me how to upgrade to debian 2.2 if at all possible?

Dunno how it was back then, but now we have apt-get. Edit
/etc/apt/sources.list and point the entry's to the stable release:

deb ftp://ftp.nl.uu.net/debian stable main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ stable/updates main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

(with ftp.nl.uu.net your favorite (nearby) Debian server).

Then do:
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

Greetz,
Sebastiaan