Compiling ncurse for Solaris

Hi,

I would like to compile mutt under Solaris.
For the time being I have gcc,make,automake,autoconf,m4,binutils,gdb compiled
for Solaris.

Then I've compiled ncurse with the ./configure options :
        ./configure --prefix=my_dir
        --with-shared \
        --with-profile \
        --disable-rpath --enable-echo --enable-overwrite \
        --enable-const
That I've found in the source code provided by Debian

Then I've compiled mutt with the ./configure options :
          ./configure  --prefix=my_dir --with-curses=my_dir/lib

Then mutt runs perfectly, but with no colors
A ldd `which mutt` gives :
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1

So ncurse doesn't appear
But then I've realised that my only *ncurses* files under my_dir/lib are :
libcurses.a  libncurses++.a  libncurses.a  libncurses_g.a

So there is no .so like on my debian box.

Can someone help me and tell me what's wrong ?
Thanks for the help

Francois