Re: Netscape

dman wrote:

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 05:20:01PM -0400, Eric Whitestone wrote:
| Ok, I downloaded what i think to be the latest version of netscape
| binaries (glibc2) and installed it. Now, when I try to run the
| netscape binary, I get this message:
|
| ./netscape: error in loading shared libraries: libg++.so.2.7.2: cannot open shared object.
| | Doesn anybody know what this could mean? Any help is greatly
| appreciated. Thanks!

You didn't install via apt-get did you?  I think you should remove the
stuff you installed and use apt instead because it will handle
dependencies for you.

I disagree with this, mozilla is under heavy development still and sometimes goes ape. I think it is better to work with the nightlies, which are generally better, ie. newer is better than older. I would also suggest installing in your home directory, after all it is not even beta s/w.

--
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man shall rule
 Unknown