apt-get update problem

Hi all

I'm doing a simple basic apt-get update and it produces no available file. This
used to work ok but for some reason no new available file is created anymore.
I got rid of the old one with dpkg --clear-avail but it did not help. The system
is potato on intel hw. Some error message should appear?! Some different
sources.list entries were tried with same results.

charlotte:/var/lib/dpkg# apt-get update
Hit http://ftp.fi.debian.org stable/main Packages
Hit http://ftp.fi.debian.org stable/main Release
Hit http://ftp.fi.debian.org stable/contrib Packages
Hit http://ftp.fi.debian.org stable/contrib Release
Hit http://ftp.fi.debian.org stable/non-free Packages
Hit http://ftp.fi.debian.org stable/non-free Release
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
charlotte:/var/lib/dpkg# ll available
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Aug 29 15:08 available
charlotte:/var/lib/dpkg# df
/dev/sda2              3937220   1182432   2554784  32% /

Thanks for any help.

I'm not member of this list.

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su