possible bug in woody

Hi,

I am new to both linux and debian and hence am unsure about how to proceed
here, if anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated.

I have been having real problems getting XFree86 3.3.6 (from potato)
working on my new gateway solo 9500 (laptop), so on the weekend decided to
try upgrading to 4.x by moving to woody.

I now have a crc error during my boot process - seems like I will have to
rebuild from my cd again, but that is not my problem... (I am considering
it part of my learning curve;-) what I want to know is should this be
reported as a bug? and if so, under which package?

I can still get to my evil dual boot partner from a lilo boot prompt (lilo
ok?), but if i choose linux, then everything comes crashing down. (thats
when the crc error occurs) I dont have much more information than this, so
feel dubious about filing a bug report, but if it is a real bug then it
seems like it might be a pretty serious one...

thanks for any help,

Kirsty Kitto