Re: tripwire - or others?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 05:27:04PM +0200, Martin F Krafft wrote:
> i need to employ some tripwire-like tool on a couple of hosts and i
> was wondering if you had any experience. i myself have used tripwire
> for years, but i could see many features that other programs could
> have that tripwire doesn't... but i don't have time to test the others
> out, so i was wondering if you have any experience with others,
> whether you can recommend other integrity checkers, or whether you'd
> like to praise (or flame) one.

If you aren't already, use the free version of tripwire from sid (also
available at tripwire.org).  It's vastly better than the non-free
version found in potato and woody.  I've deployed it on several Debian
and FreeBSD hosts, and have not found it to be lacking in features.
What additional features are you looking for?

noah