Mod-ssl problem

Hi!
I am trying to sign my own server.crt file for use with Apache. I am using
Debian, with OpenSSL 0.9.6b-1.
I seem to be running into a problem when I'm running sign.sh to sign the
.csr file. This is what I get:
sblabs:/etc/apache/ssl.crt# ./sign.sg server.csr
CA signing: server.csr -> server.crt:
Using configuration from ca.config
Enter PEM pass phrase:
Check that the request matches the signature
Signature ok
The Subjects Distinguished Name is as follows
commonName :PRINTABLE:'sblabs'
Certificate is to be certified until Aug 20 10:46:44 2002 GMT (365 days)
Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y
1 out of 1 certificate requests certified, commit? [y/n]y
Write out database with 1 new entries
Data Base Updated
CA verifying: server.crt <-> CA cert
server.crt:/CN=sblabs
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
/CN=sblabs
error 7 at depth 0 lookup:certificate signature failure

Can anyone please help me with this problem? Thanks!
And by the way, in the documentation for modssl at their website, it is
mentioned that there is a script 'ca.sh' or 'ca.pl' for creating
certificates. I've looked through the source but could not find them. Would
anyone be kind enough to tell me where to look, or to send me the script?
Thanks again.

Regards,
MunFai