Re: ext3 filesystem

Eduard Bloch saw fit to inform me that:
>#include <hallo.h>
>Rajesh Fowkar wrote on Sun Aug 26, 2001 um 10:10:35PM:
>
>> Is there a possibility of the journal file of ext3 filesystem gettign
>> corrupted ? If yes. Are there any tools to recover from such situation ?
>
>Remove the journal (man tune2fs), scan the filesystem (man e2fsck) and
>rebuild the journal (man tune2fs). Newer version of e2fsck should
>manage all this on-the-fly.

Will the file system mount in case it is corrupted ? To run e2fsck u should
first get the prompt at least in single user mode !!! Since when we convert
from ext2 to ext3 we also do tune2fs -c0 -i0 /dev/hdx. Thus at the startup
the prompt which was coming to run fsck will also not come. How to go about
it than ?

Thanks for the reply.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                       hsejar@gmx.co.uk
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 R-3
				    Kernel 2.4.9(ext3), Mutt 1.3.20i, IceWM
"Silence is the true friend that never betrays." - Confucious