Re: No ide-scsi, no CD-RW

You need to select and compile the ide-scsi module. Install (if you
haven't already) the kernel-headers and kernel-source packages for your
kernel version, then:

cd /usr/src/kernel-source-<version>
make menuconfig

and follow the menus, making sure to install SCSI generic and IDE-SCSI as
modules.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA