cfdisk

I am having a problem with  cfdisk . I want it to rearrange the free space into
partitions of the type I desire .

I get default as "Linux" which does not happen to be the same as "Linux ext2" ."Linux
ext2" does not get accepted and  it defaults to "Linux" . It means that a comand like
:
  mount -t ext2 /dev/hda13 /mnt/sp_13
gives you the error ststing that the partition is of thr type Linux which fstab and
the system does not understand.

Ironically , secondary DOS as a type can not be taken by the mount -t msdos !

For the former , I suspect that it is because the disk space is drawing to a close. I
just have 400 odd MBs to carve out.

Please help .

(shyamk@eth.net)
Shyam

"Quality can Never be Quantified . It exists by itself and Quantity might hand it an
untimely demise if blown out of the very fragile proportions that constitute it ."