Re: allowing users to upload

also sprach Cliff Sarginson (on Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:43:24AM +0200):
> You could use anonymous FTP, set up properly it is quite secure.
> Be especially sure that the upload directory has write but NOT read
> permissions; otherwise you may find you have become a half-way
> house to all sorts of unsavoury things.

um, and how exactly does this enable multiple users to update their
respective webpages remotely?

> This means you have to vet the uploads and move appropriate ones
> to the download directory.

i'll do that in my free time then... no, this won't work.

thanks though,

"if you stick a stock of liquor in your locker,
 it is slick to stick a lock upon your stock.
      or some joker who is slicker,
      will trick you of your liquor,
 if you fail to lock your liquor with a lock."