Re: Debian Installer Freezing

On 23 Aug 2001 19:54:12 -0400, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian on my Hitachi 133T laptop. It installed fine,
> but when I reboot and start configuring it, it crashes almost immediately. I
> can move through the screens REALLY fast and it won't crash, but it always
> does eventually. Is there something wrong I can fix, or a way I can configure
> it MANUALLY and not have to use this screwed-up installer?

More info please.  Which part does it crash exactly (and repeatedly)? So
this is after you've booted from the harddrive?  If so this may be a dma
error on the hd.  Check your dmesg before you crash about dma messages.
I'm sure that it's most likely not the installer but a hardware issue
that needs to be overcome.

--mike